The Meanderer is your floating
luxury hotel for french barge trips.
The 6 Passenger Meanderer
Originally a 1948 Belgian "Spitz" commercial barge, Meanderer was converted to a luxury hotel barge in 1992. Since her conversion she has been continually upgraded and now offers probably the most luxurious six passenger barge specification available in Europe. With three en-suite cabins each measuring in excess of 125 square feet, large lounge and dining areas, a spacious, teak covered sun-deck and an outdoor heated spa-pool, she is the perfect vessel for exploring the Upper Loire in style.
The flexible twin or queen bed arrangements and newly decorated, air-conditioned cabins and salon perfectly complement the spacious outdoor space.
Meanderer in Brief:
- Passengers: 6
- Crew: 6 - Captain, Pilot, Chef, Hostess, Guide and Boatman
- Length: 125 ft.
- Width: 17 ft.
- Headroom: In excess of 6 ft 6 ins. throughout
- Cabins: three, each with configurable queen or twin beds, private bathroom with WC and shower, wardrobe, closet space, opening windows and sky-lights, hair dryer and bathrobe
- In-room personal safe
- Central heating and air conditioning throughout
- Satellite flat screen TV's, Video, DVD and CD players in cabins
- Wireless Internet Access
- Jacuzzi spa-pool
- 6 identical bicycles for guest use
- Private air-conditioned mini bus for round trip transfers from Paris and all excursions
- All inclusive program - all meals, all wines, fully stocked open bar, on board games, books and film library and much more
- Owners (Susan and George) are full time members of your Crew
The barge is equipped with 220v AC power sockets throughout.
We regret the barge is unsuitable for small children. However, we welcome children of 12 and over for charter groups and over 16's for non-charter bookings.
For the safety and comfort of our guests we operate a no-smoking policy throughout the barge.oard film